The Shipping Rules feature allows you to automate your shipping experience to suit your specific fulfillment process.
Conditions and Actions
The condition refers to the detail you want the rule to apply to. Conditions can include the number of items in the order or the destination country. For example, if the destination country is Canada (condition), Pre-Pay duty & taxes (action). The action is what Easyship should do when the condition is met.
- All Shipments (Always applies): All your shipments will have the corresponding action applied to them.
- Buyer-selected shipping solution at checkout: If you do not use our plugin and have other rates available for your customers to select at checkout, you can enter the rate as a condition on Easyship. E.G "Standard" or "Express".
- Contains the Category: All shipments containing an item in this category will have the corresponding action applied.
- Destination Country is: All shipments created to this country will have the corresponding action applied to it.
- Destination state or province is: All shipments created to this state/ province will have the corresponding action applied to it.
- Item SKU: Products in shipment with specified SKU will have the corresponding action applied to them.
- Number of items: All shipments containing the specified items will have the corresponding action applied to them.
- Order tag is: All orders that sync with the specified tag will have the corresponding action applied to them.
- Reciever Postal or Zipcode: All shipments created to the specified postal codes, or postal code areas, will have the corresponding action applied to them.
- Selling price is: All shipments of the specified value will have the corresponding action applied.
- Shipment weight is: All shipments weighing the specified amount will have the corresponding action applied.
Store or Platform is: All shipments created from this store will have the corresponding action applied to them.
Sort couriers by: Here, you can choose which service will display as the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd courier option.
Taxes & duties: Choose who will be responsible for any import fees associated with the shipment (sender or receiver).
Insurance: You can choose always to add insurance to your shipments or never to add insurance.
Residential Surcharge: You can always choose to add the residential address fee or never add the residential address fee.
Use this courier: Setup a courier preference that will be automatically prioritized above any other courier options. You can also select an "Only Use" function. However, this is dangerous if the specific courier is unavailable for a shipment.
Never use this courier: There may be some couriers you would not like to offer as a shipping option. You can exclude them here.
Use Courier With Tracking: You can choose only to show couriers that provide a certain level of tracking services.
User courier with delivery time: You can choose to only show couriers that will deliver the shipment in a certain timeframe.
Use Package: Automate which custom box sizes will be used for your shipments.
Never use Package: Automate which custom box sizes will never be used for your shipments.
- Ship From: Select which origin address you want to ship from based on the condition.
- Return labels for domestic shipments (USA only): Include pre-paid return labels in shipments that are only billed when scanned (pay on scan).
Creating a Shipping Rule
Step 1: Navigate to Settings > Shipping Rules and click Add Shipping Rule.
Step 2: Now, let's create a shipping rule that will always apply residential address fees to all shipments to the United States.
Choose a condition and click the Save Condition button.
Step 3: Choose an action and click the Save Action button.
Step 4: Now, you can click the Create button to apply your shipping rule to your Easyship account.
Shipping Rules Priority
When you have multiple shipping rules, they will be prioritized from top to bottom. If two shipping rules contradict each other, the higher rule will be prioritized.
In the below example, we have two conflicting shipping rules:
- High-quality tracking
Asendia to France
Asendia services offer basic tracking, and the High-quality tracking rule is a top priority. Therefore, Asendia services will be overridden by regular to excellent tracking rates.
If you want to ensure that Asendia is used for shipments destined to France, but keep your High-quality tracking rule in place for other shipments, simply move it to first priority below.