Easyship status updates will mark an order as having an exception when it does not follow the normal flow of the delivery of a parcel. In this article, we will explain why a shipment will show this status and what to do when you see it.
Reasons You Will See an Exception Status
- Stuck in customs due to incorrect or unsuitable declaration
- Courier has tried multiple delivery attempts unsuccessfully
- The parcel has been rejected by courier
- The parcel has been returned to sender
- Consignee refused to pay taxes and duties for import
- Additional documentation is required by customs at the destination
If your shipment has an exception status, please contact the courier directly to request further information. In most cases, it's waiting to settle Taxes and Duties from your consignee.