Labels can fail to be generated, meaning that our system cannot generate them after the shipment confirmation due to the following:
- A technical issue has occurred
- Incorrect information and/or formats were entered
Your label may fail to generate due to an incorrect postal code, a missing phone number, or another mistake in your information.
1) If a technical issue has occurred, our Tech team will start working on it right away to ensure that the label will be generated as soon as possible. This means that your label will usually be fixed within one hour (if the failure happens during working hours) or the next working day (if the failure happens outside working hours). In this case, we ask for your patience while our Tech guys will do their best to solve the problem and make your label available for download.
2) If incorrect information was entered or unacceptable formats are used, our Ops team will start working on it right away to ensure that the label will be generated as soon as possible. This means that your label will be fixed within one hour (if the failure happens during working hours) or the next working day (if the failure happens outside working hours).
Here are some tips that can help avoid these kinds of failures:
- Make sure the address entered is complete, clear, and that the length of each address line does not exceed the maximum number of characters allowed by couriers (usually 35 characters.) Also, avoid the use of non-Western characters. The only couriers allowing the use of non-Western characters are LHT, Hong Kong Post, and SF Express HK.
- Properly describe the item. Couriers only need a short description.
- Provide a valid receiver phone number that can be easily reached by the courier. Avoid using phone numbers that do not belong to the destination country as couriers prefer use local numbers. This would also waive the requirement to include the country code, which is often not recognized or accepted by couriers.
- The same applies to the sender details; make sure the shipper’s phone number is reachable.
- Avoid 'strange' characters such as /,@ (if it is not an email address), *, &, %, etc. because they may not be recognized by the courier and would prevent the information to be properly recorded.
- Different countries have different postcode formats; be sure to follow the correct format.
- Some couriers do not allow you to create a shipment and arrange pick up too far in advance. Labels can be generated only 3-4 days before the pick up date. If you confirm your order too far in advance, you may have to wait to get your labels.
By following these simple guidelines, the label will be ready as soon as the order is confirmed!
If you believe one of the above reasons is why the label failed in generating, you can wait for our team to fix it, or cancel and create a new shipment with the updated information.