DHL eCommerce is an economical way to ship your parcels to their destination.
DHL eCommerce arranges for your parcel to be delivered to the destination country via DHL's logistics network, final mile delivery is completed by the local postal service in the destination country.
Recipients will need to contact the local postal service to inquire about their shipments. To do so, they need a specific reference-code or tracking number which is recognized by the local post.
In this article you can find guidance on how to get the corresponding postal service tracking number for shipments from the following countries;
For Hong Kong, United States, and Australia Shipments
1. You can find the tracking number of DHL eCommerce by selecting the tracking link in your dashboard here:
2. You will then see the following page and the full tracking details.
3. Once you have made a note of this, you can visit DHL eCommerce tracking page.
For Singapore Shipments
1. You can find the tracking code by going into your Dashboard and selecting the tracking link.
2. Since J&T Express is now arranging all pickups for DHL eCommerce in Singapore, you will see a corresponding J&T Express Tracking number similar to E000XXXXXXXX.
You then need to combine "SGAHX" + "E000XXXXXX", to track the shipment directly on the DHL eCommerce tracking page.
This means you would need to search for the tracking SGAHXE000XXXXXX to receive the results.
Only using the J&T Express tracking number will unfortunately not work.
You can then see the DHL tracking in the upper right corner