Easyship connects with many different platforms natively, however, if you have a manually developed store, you can connect via our open API.
Connect Your Store to Easyship Via API
To connect to Easyship via our open API, you will need a token. Here we will explain how you generate this token.
The Easyship API uses Bearer Authentication (or token authentication). The name “Bearer authentication” can be understood as “give access to the bearer of this token.”
The bearer token is a cryptic string, usually generated by the server in response to a login request. To maintain access, you must send this token in the Authorization header when making requests to Easyship API resources.
Once you've logged into your account select Connect > New Integration.
Next, select API Integration at the bottom of the page. You will be prompted to provide a name for your store or integration. Type in the name and click on Connect.
Now, select Sandbox or Production, and click on the copy icon to add the token to your clipboard.
On this page, you are also able to define the scopes of the token relating to the Easyship account. The scopes you can choose from are:
- Rate: This is the shipping rate that will be available to the customer at checkout
- Shipment: This scope is to generate a Shipment ID
- Label: This scope is for confirming and buying your label
- Pickup: This scope is for scheduling pickups
- Track: This scope is used for tracking the journey of a shipment
- Company: This scope is used for managing your account
- Reference: This scope is for retrieving product categories
Your API token grants access to your account, so make sure you keep it safe!
To get additional information regarding our API and its documentation, kindly visit our dedicated developer page.