Shopify is launching its own calculations of duties and taxes at Checkout to enable merchants to ship internationally with ease.
Easyship's Rates at Checkout feature is compatible with this by activating a setting you can edit directly from your Easyship App.
How does it work?
Using Shopify, you are able to set up your Duties by region. You can refer to this article on the Shopify documentation to understand more about this feature;
Using Easyship, on your store page, in the Checkout settings, you will find a setting that indicates to Easyship that you are using the Shopify Duties and Taxes, and for which destination countries you wish to apply it to:
Once activated, for the selected destination countries (all by default) ensure that:
- The solutions shown at Checkout are DDP solutions if Duties and Taxes apply.
- The shipping rules deciding to show DDU or DDP will be ignored.
- Duties and Taxes from the shipping costs shown at Checkout (the courier handling fees will still be included) will be removed.
To edit the list of destination countries that you want to apply these settings to, click on the Edit link next to the count of Countries and select the countries you’d like:
After syncing your orders to Easyship;
- The values calculated by Shopify are preserved and you have access to them in the Courier Comparison
- The calculation of Shopify will be preserved in the total Shipping Cost
- You will not be able to toggle back your shipment to DDU since you have collected Duties and Taxes from the buyer already