This article provides an overview of shipping manifest generation on Easyship.
What is a Manifest
A manifest or scan form is a document generated by couriers containing shipment information. Commonly used when generating multiple shipments at once, manifest documents enable a seamless handover process between the shipper and courier.
An example of this is a USPS Manifest / Scan form
For example, 20 USPS shipments are created on Easyship, by generating a manifest, a single document is created possessing information on all 20 shipments. Upon handover to USPS, a single manifest is scanned enabling every shipment to be processed at once. Without such a manifest, couriers are required to scan each shipment individually.
Supported Couriers and Conditions
Couriers That Support Manifest Generation
- Australia Post (Available for Australian Accounts)
- USPS (Available for United States Accounts)
- Royal Mail (Available for Great Britain Accounts)
- Canada Post (Available for Canadian Accounts)
Conditions of Manifest Generation
- Manifests must be generated on the same day as shipment creation
- You can only generate a manifest for select couriers
- When generating a manifest, all shipments must be associated with the same courier
- You may not be able to select the handover date (typically the handover date is the same or the next day)
How to Generate a Manifest
When shipments are created, generate a manifest in the Manage Shipments section of the dashboard. Select shipments to manifest, and click Actions > Generate Manifest. Depending on the courier, manifests will differ. Find articles pertaining to manifest generation per supported service below: