This article breaks down both prohibited and restricted goods to acknowledge when shipping with UPS.
Such goods cannot be shipped under any circumstance through UPS.
- Ammunition (except as expressly provided in the "UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service - United States" beginning on page 136)
- Bank bills, notes or currency (other than coin)
- Corpses, cremated or disinterred remains
- Hazardous waste
- Marijuana, including marijuana intended for medicinal use
- Postage stamps
- Shark fins
- Shipments prohibited by law
- Watches exceeding the value of 500USD
The below goods are accompanied by various restrictions and will require contractual agreements to be signed with UPS in order to ship, in addition to special markings, handling, and packaging.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Animal products, non-domesticated (e.g., mother of pearl inlay, snakeskin watch bands)
- Articles of high/unusual value
- Biological substances, Category B and exempt human or animal specimens
- Dangerous goods
- Firearms and weapons (including inert and replica explosive weapons)
- Gold or other precious metals
- Live animals
- Personal effects