WooCommerce is an open-source eCommerce plugin for WordPress, designed for merchants of all sizes using WordPress. This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to connect your WooCommerce store with Easyship.
About the Connection
With WooCommerce connected to Easyship, you will be able to:
- Utilize the rates at checkout feature, and customize how shipping services are displayed by altering store settings, as well as configure which options to show customers by creating shipping rules.
- Sync orders directly from your store to be fulfilled.
- Download products directly.
- Automatically marks store orders as fulfilled when a label is generated. The tracking number will sync to the order profile.
- 01 Not Showing Couriers during Checkout
- 02 Company Phone Number Appearing as Receiver Phone Number Upon Syncing
- 03 Error Messages On/From WooCommerce Checkout or Easyship Dashboard
- 04 Enable Button Not Working
- 05 Deactivate Easyship Plugin Not Working
- 05 The Plugin Is Installed Successfully, but the Request Timed Out
Before taking advantage of the Easyship integration, you must install the Easyship plugin. There are two methods to do this:
Installing from WooCommerce Marketplace
- In your WooCommerce store management portal, locate the Woo Extensions page. Search for "Easyship" and click on the result.
- Select "Free Download" on the Easyship extension listing page.
- Complete the checkout process; the total should be $0.00.
- After checkout, click "Add to site" and select your WooCommerce site for installation.
- Select your WooCommerce site where you want to install the extension (or enter the URL if none appears in the list).
- Wait for the extension to finish installing on your WooCommerce site.
Installing from WordPress Plugin Listing
- In your WordPress admin dashboard, navigate to "Plugins" > "Add New".
- Search for "Easyship" and choose "Install Now".
- After installation, click "Activate".
Always make sure that you are running the latest version. You can enable auto-updates by going to Plugins > Installed Plugins > Enable Auto-Updates.
Once the Easyship plugin is installed and activated through either of the installation methods above, you should be able to find it on the “Plugins” page.
Enable Easyship on WooCommerce
To connect your WooCommerce store to Easyship:
- First, make sure that the Permalink Settings are not Plain, if plain is enabled it will cause errors when syncing to Easyship. Feel free to choose any of the other options.
- Navigate to the Easyship tab under WooCommerce settings.
- Click "Enable" to start the connection process. [Note: No need to fill in the “Easyship Access Token” for the initial store connection. See Enable Shipping Rates for more detail.]
Orders Syncing to Easyship
Remember that Easyship will only sync new orders marked as 'Processing'. In Easyship, check your WooCommerce store settings page (under “Connect” navigation section) to ensure your Sync Window and Excluded Countries settings are correct.
Tracking numbers are added to WooCommerce as a note once an order is fulfilled.
This separate WooCommerce plugin can enhance this feature by updating orders with tracking information.
Setup Base Location
Ensure the Base Location in WooCommerce is that of the origin country associated with your Easyship account. If you are shipping from Hong Kong, it needs to be set to Hong Kong, as shown below.
Not Showing Couriers in Checkout
If experiencing trouble syncing your orders, we recommend that you try to remove the added store inside Easyship and re-installing the plugin.
If this does not work, kindly try to disable any other 3rd party plugins before reinstalling Easyship.
In some cases, other plugins may interfere with Easyship's settings, causing no shipping solutions to be shown during Checkout.
One example is Whole Sale Suite, this plugin requires you to change the setting in;
This will make it easier for you to find out if any of them are causing issues with Easyship's Plugin.
Company Phone Number Appearing as Receiver Phone Number Upon Syncing
If the order doesn't have the receiver's phone number, then it will fall back to the company's phone number.
Error Messages On/From WooCommerce Checkout or Easyship Dashboard
Case 1: The message indicates that products on Easyship aren't saved with dimensions and weight, make sure that the product settings on Easyship are accompanied by actual numbers.
Enable Button Not Working
Step 1: Paste ANY string (E.G: '12345678') in the Easyship Access Token field, click Save changes.
Step 2: Clean up Easyship Access Token (delete it) and click Save Changes again.
Step 3: Click Enable, and you should be redirected to the Easyship connection page for setup.
Deactivate Easyship Plugin Not Working
Step 1: Go to Plugins > Easyship settings.
Step 2: Make sure the Easyship Access Token field is blank (delete it), then click Save changes.
You should now be able to reconnect Easyship by clicking Enable. Note: You may need to refresh the page (CTRL + R) to see an empty token field)
The Plugin Is Installed Successfully, but the Request Timed Out
wp-config.php may have
WP_HTTP_BLOCK_EXTERNAL set as true. You will need to add
https://*.easyship.com url to your
WP_ACCESSIBLE_HOSTS settings in order to allow requests to go to the Easyship API server.