For parcels with added insurance, you will file your claim with the insurance provider directly. This article will show you how to file a claim and go over all the requirements to qualify.
What we'll cover
Step by Step Guide:
- Visit https://claims.insureship.com/lookup
- Select ‘Tracking Number’ and enter either the ES code or the courier tracking number
- Validate your order with the customer email OR order number
- Select ‘Shipping Insurance’
- Fill in the online form with your claim, shipment, and personal information
- Once the claim has been submitted, Insureship will review the case and may request additional documentation. Examples include:
- Copy of original invoice for proof of value
- Statement from buyer indicating they haven’t received the package or that it arrived damaged
- Photographs to show the damaged item
Claims Requirements and Timelines
- LOST shipments can be claimed after;
- 20 days for Domestic shipments
- 30 days for international and APO/FPO shipments
- DAMAGED shipments can be claimed upon receipt of the package.
- A claim must be raised no later than within 90 days from shipment date.
- The insured needs to submit
- A completed Online Shipping Insurance Services claim form
- A copy of the original invoice to the consignee / original invoice from the shipper, whichever is applicable
- A signed and dated statement from the consignee / receiving party
- Proof of damage if applicable and any additional documentation requested to substantiate the loss.
- Coverage does not include handling fees and insurance fees.
- All damaged property for which payment (not repair costs), or replacement costs have been made, must, on request, be returned to the Underwriters.
- Failure to hold the damaged property until the claim is fully resolved will result in the claim’s being denied.
Insurance terms and conditions can be found here.